Drunk Dial Records announced the compilation "Fakes - Volume 1", and released two songs from the album: "3 Small Words" originally from Josie and the Pussycats as done by Suzie True and "Minivan Highway" originally from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as done by Personality Crisis
Portland ORE's Drunk Dial Records is set to release the compilation "Fakes - Volume 1" on April 22nd. It's a compilation filled with real bands covering songs from bands that only existed in fiction (think Josie and the Pussycats, The Wonders, Spinal Tap, etc). The label is already planning the second volume which will be released on tape with companion art/packaging later this year.
200 copies of "Fakes - Volume 1" will be printed in red shell cassette tapes and the album will also be available digitally, with all profits donated to Doctors Without Borders.
Fakes - Volume 1 track list:
- 3 Small Words - Suzie True by Josie and the Pussycats from Josie and the Pussycats (2001)
- Billy Passed the 3rd Grade - The Hound of Love from Billy Madison
- Welcome to the Dollhouse - Berwanger by The Quadratics from Welcome to the Dollhouse
- Threshold - Cluttered by Sex Bob-omb from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- Minivan Highway - Personality Cult from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- I Am A Giant - Whisper Hiss by The Misfits from Jem (1985)
- Spin Around - Thorazines (Feat. Hayley Crusher) by Josie and the Pussycats from Josie and the Pussycats (2001)
- I Hate You - Uniform Operator by Edge of Etiquette from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Politically Incorrect - YUVEES by Sadgasm from The Simpsons
- Killer Tofu - Itches by The Beets from Doug
- Shout Your Lungs Out - Pavid Vermin by The Beets From Doug
- A Kiss At The End Of The Rainbow - Careful by Mitch and Mickey from A Mighty Wind
- Gimme Some Money - Pool Party by The Thamesmen From Spinal Tap
- Against The Ninja - Rad Max by Dragon Sound from Miami Connection
- Sugar Sugar - Jiffy Marx (Feat. KCAR) by The Archies from The Archie Show (1968)
- Charlie Continental - COVID is all around by Billy Mack from Love, Actually