- by Tom Dumarey
You could be forgiven if you haven’t heard of Seattle’s HEAD yet. I mean, it’s not like they are putting much effort into making you aware of their existence. They self-release all of their albums and most of their EPs, don’t do promo and hardly ever tour. Which makes that when you have heard of HEAD, you kinda feel like you are in on a secret. Well, you and the 29 bands contributing to this tribute album.
With everyone from Manges and DeeCracks to Geoff Palmer, Jimmy Vapid and Isotopes pitching in, there is a helluva lot of tribute being paid to HEAD’s take on Ramonesque punk rock. Of course, with 29 bands, there are bound to be a couple of duds. But overall the quality here is pretty up there. Which I guess says as much about the quality of the source material as the bands paying tribute.
- SO-Cho Pistons - Theme Of HEAD/No Hugging, No Learning
- Manges - Senor Itchy
- Parasites - Spend The Night Alone
- Neon Bone - The Sissy
- TOUGH - I’ve Made My Peace With The Hippies
- MEGA - They Used To Call Them Bums
- DeeCracks - Killed By Death
- The Putz - Don’t Go Looking In The Closet
- Isotopes - I Can See What You Dig
- the SUCK - No One Likes A Snitch
- Lorrainas - Stag Party
- Mugwumps - Calvin And Susie
- Ratcliffs - 35 Years Older Than You
- Flamingo Nosebleed - Am I Fresh?
- Livermores - Tireshredding
- Proton Packs - Gladys Kravitz
- Geoff Palmer - Always Know Your Enemies
- Young Rochelles - Teachers Pet
- Johnny Terrien & The Bad Lieutenants - Magic 8 Ball
- NECK - Larry Tate
- Ratbones - Do You Remember Me?
- Prozacs - Taking A Peek
- Volkov - Pull The Plug
- Jimmy Vapid - Ballad Of The Hamburglar